What did you think about Z Nation

Open discussion of the series

Re: What did you think about Z Nation

Postby mission_survivor » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:10 am

Well with Z Nation, it solidifies The Walking Dead as the best zombie series.
I really like the title image where the bloodshot eye is a road map and the sign has Z Nation on it.
Not sure how a Delta Force member can survive that long with his actions at the end of the episode. I did not believe he would act the way he did at the Blue Sky camp, out numbered out gunned and being a new arrival.

the voice over intro made me laugh, "This is an extinction level event. Do not panic..." WHAT?!? EXTINCTION?!? DO NOT PANIC?!? What the hell am I supposed to do when that is announce?

I am still gonna watch it, I am an undead fiend. But I just really worry about the learning curve, I mean 4 years after the z-outbreak and they still haven't adjusted? :WTF:
How did they survive this long?
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:32 am

You're right. I don't know where I got the notion that it was one year after the outbreak. That would be more believable. But three years? And gas is still good? The show has some good qualities. I like campy shows at times and this one screams camp at times, but at others begs to be taken seriously. If the producers want Z Nation to last, then they need to figure out if they want to make it a campy show in the vein of the Evil Dead series of movies, or to be taken seriously like the Walking Dead.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 pm

Once again Hollyweird almost got it.
What they need to do is hire me to be a technical adviser.
I would "keep it real".

For example the baseball bat with spikes.
Looks bad ass but not the correct design.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby mission_survivor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:47 am

so in episode #2 the whole objective is to obtain gas, but when the only guy to get bit and not turn into a zombie crashes, no one thinks to get the fuel they just got to a safe area? They all just stand around and watch...

I did like the zombie stuck inside the tire well, cool visual. But I thought it's position was in the wrong direction.

But I do wonder how the Huskey did not get infected, and how the infected one was not noticed at first. Then how did it get inside, are there more?

Never liked the idea of zombie infection crossing species. Next to worry about zombie cows, pigs, horses... god forbid zombie birds...

"I give you mercy." Did this phrase become popular before the social collapse? How else would persons from separate areas offer the same catch phrase before putting someone down. Kinda irks me...
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby Bob » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:48 pm

I think they may have stolen that from John Ringo.
Opinion?
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm also no fan of animals that can get infected. On the bright side no Zeds were riding on horseback round and round again.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:53 am

The only thing I can think of regarding why the other husky did not get infected was the thick coat on the breed. The neck has a lot of undercoat and fur padding it (I am assuming we are talking about why the husky did not become infected when the other infected one bit it).

I do not mind other species becoming infected, but it can get pretty crazy if every creature is a possible threat.

I also wondered about the gas being usable after 3 years--it is only viable for 6 to 12 months. Or so I thought.

There are a lot of things in the show that are hokey, but with the actor that is stationed in the frosty north, I wouldn't expect otherwise. He always plays a humorous role.

I think the zombies are pretty cool looking and the acting is decent.

I'm not sold on the show yet, but I will continue to watch it for now.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Red Star » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I was attempting to watch the second episode on Saturday afternoon, it put me to sleep. The sole operator of the broadcast station trying to feign the affects of being alone for a long time was a feeble attempt at best.

They are losing me fast in true Syfy tradition. :roll:
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

I am no fan of infected animals.
I have seen big dogs fight more than I ever wanted to.
True dog fights not human staged dog fights.
I have seen a 160 pound dog attack a 70 pound dog and it ain't pretty.
It is a horrendous thing to witness the sound is primal.
There should have been skin penetration.
My sister in law has 4 huskies and they sometimes scrap, and yes they do draw blood.
But I am willing to accept the infected Husky did not have the bite potential of a Chihuahua due to deterioration.

I am still a bit confused as to infected vs reanimated on this show.
It seems to have aspects of both and it's like they have not completely decided which way they are going yet.

I think the guy stuck in the frozen north would be a bit loony from cabin fever about now but then again he has modern distractions and a big facility to move around in, unlike when prospectors were looking at the same 4 walls day after day.
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:34 pm

The sound is HORRIBLE when they really go at it. Mom had 2 chows (45 lb female, 70 lb male) with the female as the dominant one. He finally fought back once, I tried to separate them and ended up getting chewed on. Mom was already crying just from the noise they made before she even made it to the backyard. I'll never forget that sound as long as I live.
Not very big dogs but large enough to do some damage.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

PreviousNext

Return to Z Nation