Roleplaying IDEAS

This is where the Role Players hang out!

Roleplaying IDEAS

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 am

I would like to use this thread to hash out ideas for role plays. Do you have an idea that has been brewing in your head that you need to write down? Or perhaps something that is formulating that you would like some input on? Well, this is the place to jot everything down and hopefully draw some interest. It doesn't have to be anything fancy--just a few lines or paragraphs would be fine. If you have the desire to write out an entire plan, feel free to do it here--it can always be copied and pasted to a new thread.

As readers, if you like an idea posted here and would be interested in being an active member of the role play, this is the place to discuss it. All ideas belong to the creator unless they choose to pass it along to someone else to develop. They will be the GM and they will have the power to accept or deny any characters.

This is a zombie forum, so let's try to keep our RPs zombie related. Whether fast, slow, or a mix of both, these choices will be made by the GM. If you have an idea and post it, please be prepared to sign on as the GM. Requests for a Co-GM are fine, but the main development should be the responsibility of the creator. It is not required that you use this thread for ideas, but I thought it would be fun to discuss and develop them with like-minded individuals. Plus, it would also give us a chance to become a little more familiar with each other's style and capabilities as writers.

With that said, I am looking forward to any ideas, old or new. Let's get this section rolling, shall we?
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Roleplaying IDEAS

Postby SoB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:26 am

i have a idea for a RPG, normaly every one just chooses a miss match of characters and then all stumble in to each other. My idea is for every one to play has part of a all ready formend team at the out break. This team will have a actual objective (though completing it may become imposbil) This way it skips all the intro and goes straight to zombies.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 am

Would this team be military, law enforcement, or possibly just a group of able-bodied friends? There would have to be fairly detailed character sheets if the group already knows each other. Relationships to each other, personal information and the like would have to be already established.

I agree it would be easier to have a pre-formed force. I was thinking of an idea where the members are survivors in an abandoned military camp or perhaps an underground medical lab where the virus was originally created.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:38 am

zombreach wrote:Would this team be military, law enforcement, or possibly just a group of able-bodied friends? There would have to be fairly detailed character sheets if the group already knows each other. Relationships to each other, personal information and the like would have to be already established.

I agree it would be easier to have a pre-formed force. I was thinking of an idea where the members are survivors in an abandoned military camp or perhaps an underground medical lab where the virus was originally created.

That would depend, it could be a swat team that are seconded responders, milltary SF team may be sent to extraceted some VIP, or a group of freinds who just want to rescue ma, kill pa, get the girl freind and hold out in the bar.

Yes it would requre more pre plaining than a normal RPG.

I like the idea of being people in a lab were it was creat, like the first resdiet evil movie.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:51 am

I do not know your background SoB, but I have very little military knowledge and would have to fudge my way through any roleplay that centered on such a group. I have pushed my way into military RPs, but played as a civilian. I hate roleplays that are completely ridiculous in their portrayal of the characters involved. Of course, being that zombies are fiction ( :shock: ) I also know that everyone involved would probably fall away from their training and normal behavior.

My experience is in the medical field, so I try to stay within my comfort zone. I am also considered fairly literate and enjoy roleplays that make sense and are well thought out. Meaning, no one-liner posts, except on rare occasions.

Well, enough about me--how about you?
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 am

Well if it takes place in the lab that started it there is no reason for every body to be some soldier. Could be Lab techs and seciurty trapped in side needing to escape, maybe throw in some black ops mercs the corporate head office gets sent in to cover it all up.
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby zombreach » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 am

A lab environment could definitely have a wide range of professions--security, janitorial, scientist, lab assistant, secretarial...the list goes on. Military could also be added as you mentioned--a group sent in to silence the threat and possibly the people who know about it. That would give us two threats--guns and teeth.
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby SoB » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 am

zombreach wrote:A lab environment could definitely have a wide range of professions--security, janitorial, scientist, lab assistant, secretarial...the list goes on. Military could also be added as you mentioned--a group sent in to silence the threat and possibly the people who know about it. That would give us two threats--guns and teeth.

Yep sort of half life styl. only zombies not aliens
SoB
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:25 am

I've been mulling an idea in my head for a while. It's an RP possibly starting on this site, possibly in RL, maybe video game in the future. If anyone has seen a game like this, please link it so I can try it out. It's centered in an unknown time in the future, centered around a small underground town hidden in a forest. The zombies will range from slow and stupid to quick and tactical. Disciplines such as magic, religion, and non physical mutation wont be open to zombies. You design your character in the traditional manner but you also decide your parents occupations, what lifestyle and religion you were raised with, and you can design an individual or a small group of survivors. The more survivors you start with, the weaker each one will be. Each survivor gains their own experience calculated from the actions performed. Depending on your age, religion, background, occupation, etc. certain categories are open to you that aren't open to others. Basic religions (christianity, buddhism, muslim, etc.) are options. I'm not breaking it down past basic religions. Additionals will range from physical, survival, science, religious, magic, mutation, etc. There will be upsides and downsides to each option in character creation. Occupations can be trained and original ones can be developed by the player during game play. This is still in the planning stages but I'm probably going to start with a D&D type of stat calculation and develop my own later on. The beginning stat pool would be 100 with 10 point pool mins for all basic characters which means a max of ten weak, unskilled characters per player and the player would choose the M/F ratio as well as elder/adult/child ratio.
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby UnderDude » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:08 am

Although I'm not a player, I like the lab location. Office personnel, lab techs, security guards.......Nice!
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to Role Playing