New Car

Transportation for Land, Sea, and Air

New Car

Postby ConSeannery » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Bought a 97 Jeep Cherokee last night, and so far I love it. Runs great, only got 85000 miles on it too. Gotta lift the front end up about two inches, because some dumbass put on tires that are way too big for it, and only put spacers in the rear. Also gonna weld up a cheap, ugly grill guard and bracket it on there. Pretty excited to turn it into a BOV/Winter vehicle

Pics incoming... eventually
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Re: New Car

Postby Bob » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Very Kool!
We need pictures!
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Hopefully this works. More pics will be coming when I can get it to my house's yard, rather than my girlfriend's apartment parking lot.

4 wheel drive with pretty sizable tires. 31x10.50R15. Got me 18 MPG highway on the ~200 miles I drove it yesterday

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby Mrknot » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 pm

I loved my Cherokee!
Had a '97 for awhile myself, the Country model.
Great rig!
Ended up having a some issues with the heating/cooling system so I traded it off instead of fixing it.
Kind of regretted that later...oh well...
Have fun with yours!
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Bob » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Very Nice!
I would love to have 4 wheel drive.
I even like the color.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Those things are damned near bullet proof. Good find.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Father and I (mostly him, he loves the shit) raised the front end about two inches so it doesn't slope forward, and the tires don't rub when I turn any more. Pretty excited to run down a zombie horde or two in it :BFG: We're thinking about welding together a cheap scrap metal grill guard to throw on it too.

ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby mission_survivor » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:23 pm

ConSeannery wrote: Pretty excited to run down a zombie horde or two in it.

I often wonder how long it would take to get used to running over the human form.
Most of my comments should be read with your best "BROCK SAMSON" voice. While others should be read with your best "CLINT EASTWOOD" voice. A few, and I mean a very few should be read with your best "JOE PESCI" voice.
mission_survivor
Hunter

Postby ConSeannery » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am

mission_survivor wrote:
ConSeannery wrote: Pretty excited to run down a zombie horde or two in it.

I often wonder how long it would take to get used to running over the human form.

Or shooting, stabbing, and skull smashing for that matter. I doubt it will be a matter of getting used to it, but rather becoming numb to it, if you understand the difference I'm trying to point out. One thing's for sure though, PTSD will be pretty rampant by the time it's all said and done.

ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby zombreach » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:04 am

I find it odd (as do my co-workers) that as much as I love gore in my movies and books, I can barely handle the real thing in the work place. I get to see more than my fair share of blood, internal organs, and disfiguring injuries at the animal hospital. It never fails to turn my stomach and leave a burning sensation in the pit of my stomach and head. I think I would have a hard time getting used to inflicting any type of injury to the human form, especially if it was someone I knew. PTSD, here I come!
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to Vehicles in the Apocalypse