Start to my bug out gear

Bug Out Bags and other equipment

Re: Start to my bug out gear

Postby Bob » Sat May 03, 2014 8:02 am

WHAT!
You mean evil handguns don't load themselves and randomly fire themselves?
Well who wouda thunk it... :Huge:

I do have one criticism and it is more a matter of esthetics than function.
The gloves look incongruous, I would replace them.
I don't doubt the fit and function is good, they just look out of place to me.
It's the writing on them, if they were plain black they would be fine.
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby REAPER1991ZW » Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 am

I do plan on replacing them with the knuckle buster Kevlar gloves, those are just for messing around at the range we set up.
REAPER1991ZW
Survivor

Postby Mrknot » Sat May 03, 2014 11:41 am

I've been wearing a pair of these for about the last 4 years or so:
Not high-speed, low-drag tactical gloves by any stretch, but they work and have held up pretty well.
When running the Saiga or AK I feel that gloves are a must; so many little sharp edges that'll reach out and grab you when you're not expecting it. Plus, with the fingertip-less design on the first three fingers they allow for pretty decent dexterity and still provide good protection.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Mon May 05, 2014 2:53 am

Bob those very gloves are common among my unit. They're comfortable and relatively durable. I don't really like wearing gloves but when I must I have a pair of those Mechanix gloves.

However, I do like the Oakley gloves with the hard knuckles. I also have a pair of Wiley Tactical gloves that I like a lot.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Bob » Mon May 05, 2014 5:47 am

KN
Are they a hidden bargain like OGD 114 or is it just the price that makes them so popular?
ADVERSUS VICTUS MORTUUS TANTUM CAPUT MISSA PENDO
Bob
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 pm

I have the Hatch hard knuckle gloves. They're getting pretty worn out nowadays. I made the mistake of wearing them while being shot with simunitions. I need replacements soon.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Tue May 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Bob wrote:KN
Are they a hidden bargain like OGD 114 or is it just the price that makes them so popular?

A little of both. They're cheap and pretty durable. I wouldn't quite say "bargain", but you get good gloves for their price. I've used mine for everything from field ops to working on my car, to landscaping, and they're still holding up with no holes or tears in them.

On another note, my field stove is pretty awesome. It's an Esbit solid fuel burning stove, one block of fuel burns for about 12-14 minutes, It says 12 on the box but I've gotten some to burn longer if the wind is mellow(rarely out here). It packs up nice, I wrap a bandana around the windshield before I put it inside the cup so it fits real snug like.

I also just placed an order for a new kilt. It's from a Portland company called Stumptown kilts, the pockets are attachable in sort of a MOLLE type fashion, which could be handy for other gear. If I were to get some sort of shin guard and a taller boot or some gaiters I'd have more protection on my lower leg.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby zbuddy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:28 pm

I'll vouche for those gloves as well. In Iraq I had a pair that were issued to me (high-five USAF!), but they were the tone-on-tone all black ones. They were great, but some of the shit we were working with in the sandbox melted/rotted big sections of the synthetic stuff.

A few years ago I got a pair of Petzl, or something like that, climbing gloves and they have been great ever since.
zbuddy
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Previous

Return to Bug Out Gear