Happy Valentines Day from Mrs. Hotlead

Bug Out Bags and other equipment

Happy Valentines Day from Mrs. Hotlead

Postby hotlead » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Mrs. Hotlead really came through for V-day this year! She said that I've been doing such a good job the last few years that she wanted to step it up herself.

She picked me up one of these from REI- http://www.rei.com/product/824226/gerbe ... -combo-axe - I split up some kindling and made some sliver fuzz with it yesterday, the knife did a fair job of striking a ferro rod, but the makings were too damp. I struck into some char cloth, and it blew into flame a minute or two later. Gonna use this set on our next campout.

Baby Hotlead got me this- http://www.rei.com/product/803136/egear ... |bing|main - This little light will get hooked onto the draw string of the main compartment of my pack, it's much smaller and lighter than the one on there now. This ensures I always have a light right where and when I'll need it, when I'm digging through my pack.

Mrs. Hotlead also got a 100' package of 550 cord, I guess she wants to try for another baby............ ;)
This morning, Mrs. Hotlead very calmly said, "Yes, you can have the last bagel, but if you touch the raisin toast, I'll cut you"

"If you don't let your farts out, you'll get bad breath" Me talking to my Niece at the campfire.
hotlead
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: Happy Valentines Day from Mrs. Hotlead

Postby CavWarrior » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Mrs. Cav and I don't really do Valentines Day, our anniversary being the following week on the 21st (30 years and counting). She more than makes up for it though. She's financing my trip to the Steel Challenge nationals next month at Titusville, Florida.
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Mrknot » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Mrs Knot and I don't do V-day either.
But, much like Cav, she OK'd my trip to the MGM Ironman 3-gun this June...and she's gonna help me pay for it :-)
Good woman that.
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby hotlead » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm

We dig it. It's just another excuse to do nice things for each other, it doesn't mean we have to buy stuff, but we do what we can.
This morning, Mrs. Hotlead very calmly said, "Yes, you can have the last bagel, but if you touch the raisin toast, I'll cut you"

"If you don't let your farts out, you'll get bad breath" Me talking to my Niece at the campfire.
hotlead
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 am

We always did the fine dining thing until Little Sammie came to be, so I cooked this year. I'll have to ensure that Mothers Day is especially memorable this year.
Agree hotlead?
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby CavWarrior » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:51 am

Most definitely, Brother. New moms are expecting Mother's Day to be a real treat. Breakfast in bed, a nice card and maybe a small present, a nice lunch...
CavWarrior
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby hotlead » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:10 am

UnderDude wrote:We always did the fine dining thing until Little Sammie came to be, so I cooked this year. I'll have to ensure that Mothers Day is especially memorable this year.
Agree hotlead?

Fo sho. This last year was Mrs. Hotlead's first mother's day. The three of us went to Monterey, Baby Hotlead's first time at the beach, awesome dinner on the pier, a live blues band. Pretty good day.

hotlead
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:23 am

Girlfriend and I decided a couple weeks ago not to do much for Valentine's day.

Then, last minute, she got really upset that we weren't doing anything.

So after a fight and a compromise, we ended up doing something.

I don't know how you guys handle marriage. Do all women do this?
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Postby zombreach » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 am

No, we do not, but I have heard of that happening. I guess you have to learn to read between the lines! LOL!! I have never cared for Valentine's day or Sweetest Day. Mother's Day and Father's Day are also low on the list. I got married in a court house to avoid the whole wedding fiasco---but this is just me. Maybe I'm not in the majority. I find all the fuss and muss to be a pain. When in doubt, go out to dinner somewhere nice and call it good. :D
zombreach
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:59 pm

YES THEY DO!
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Next

Return to Bug Out Gear