Practical Vehicle Emergency Kit

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

Re: Practical Vehicle Emergency Kit

Postby Mrknot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:24 am

Been carrying one around in the rig for about the last 10 years or so. This last summer we were out camping and I got it into my head to see if it still worked...a short PFFT! And then a trickle of powder...gotta replace them every so often... Lesson learned, have not bought a new one yet, but it's on the short list of things to buy soon...
Mrknot
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby UnderDude » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 am

Started carrying one when we began shooting in the desert. Triple digit heat in the summers and lots of brush around. The prices you pay when shooting all sorts of metal things.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby kiltedninja » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:32 pm

UnderDude wrote:Fire extinguisher.....

Ahh, never heard it called that before. I keep a fire extinguisher in my trunk though.
He who wears the cloth, will always wear the cloth, and those that wear the cloth will always have a brother in me.
kiltedninja
Hunter

Postby Red Star » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:30 am

Knee and elbow braces might definitely come in handy, as well as plenty of Ace bandages. From playing with this snow and moosing stuff around the house my right knee is blown up. Hurting like hell this morning.
Time to get up, you're not dead yet...
but you certainly will be if you don't move your ass!
Red Star
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby ConSeannery » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:20 pm

In the back of my Jeep, I have the 'Bag of Shame' - A small Strawberry Shortcake backpack full of everything you'll need while in a ditch, and to be pulled out of it. An emergency 100-hour candle, a pair of thick wool gloves, a handful of hand warmers, a towstrap, some granola bars and a small first aid kit. There's also a pair of blankets back there, a 3ft crowbar I acquired from the garage of a house we rented before we moved out, a small folding shovel and some 550 cord under the seat, and a small folding knife in the glove compartment, along with the usual tire changing stuff. I should put some more first aid stuff in there along with a handful of glowsticks or road flares, too.
Never hit first. Always hit back.

The only thing worse than a zombie trying to eat you, is a zombie trying to eat you while it is on fire.
ConSeannery
Hunter

Previous

Return to Surviving on the Road