UDs Previous Plan

Just getting from one place to another, or Living a Nomadic Life Style and everything in between

UDs Previous Plan

Postby UnderDude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 am

Oh shit! Here we go.
I won't list details about bugout locations or routes.
Don't hold back. If I forget to list something it doesn't mean I cut corners, I just forgot.

1) Preparations ( BOBs, food/water, adding new skills, maps, FAK.
I like to think I'm prepared and well stocked. I always try and learn another skill. I have 4 BOBs, two small and two large. I'm always adding to my stores, the goal is enough to last 6 months for two people. I refuse to depend on finding supplies after it starts.
2) Transportation
I plan on taking my jeep along, faster than walking and I can keep more supplies. Only alternative is on foot. Add in vehicle repair items.
3) Weapons and Ammo
I have a lot of ammo, know my firearms, and keep parts for repairs.
4) A primary location/route, and two backups. Meeting places on the way in case the group loses communication. Add in a code if somebody is listening in on our conversations.

So.....First thing I do is contact my group and haul ass to our BOL. Avoid population centers and strangers. If we can't take off to the BOL, shelter in place as long as needed. Don't stand out (lights, smoke, noise). Don't have the cleanest spot around.
What did I forget? Oh I know....the mall, walmart, looting the gun stores, and leaving my MBT behind.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Re: UDs Previous Plan

Postby UnderDude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 am

Every rally point and BOL has at least two routes in suitable for 4WDs and one walk up route that can be easily monitored by us. The only exception is the main (final) BOL, having only one vehicle and one on foot access point. They can both be monitored from our location.
Reason? To be able to defend the routes in without spreading us too thin. We can stash our vehicles out of sight and the vehicle route doesn't leave too many tracks.
I'm good at ditching any tails, have some experience.

For the comms....
First method is cell phones until they fail. Next is FRS and GMRS that have around a 20 mile range. If we miss each other en route to the first rally point and lose comms, we work our way to the final location.
One code is a modified form of Morse that changes every 24 hours. Channels are changed on a schedule. Next is a blend of many different codes (harder to learn but harder to crack). Keywords, phrases, things from the past that only we would know.
Problem with this.....Trying to get the wives to learn the codes.
We want this learned by the entire group, not carrying around a cheat sheet.
Canned foods....
We keep that stuff for bugging in, along with large containers for water. The rest is dehydrated, vaccum packed, and ration bars. Everything is rotated but dehydrated vaccum packed stuff.
We also vaccum seal other BOB items like ammo, batteries, some med supplies, tp, paper, fire supplies and socks.
Don't Mess With Sasquatch.....
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 am

I understand driving routes, although I knew a guy that used to drive through the trees in his ford pickup and never broke it lol. That guy was a hoot... Anyways, My question is, "Why have walking routes at all?" If you put down deer bait within eyesight of your BOL or simply hide markers then wouldn't you have deer trails and markers to follow instead of being ambushed? I'm not assuming what your walk routes are like, I'm asking for general purposes whether a carved walking path is a good idea. I haven't even considered bugging out with my wife's condition. Not to mention I never seem to find the time or funds for such things. If we hit the road it's be in my group's vehicles and we'd simply pack according to Plan "B".
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Postby UnderDude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:37 am

I should be more specific Crow. There's only one access by foot unless you're an experienced climber. It's not a true trail, more of a ravine. It's not marked, we've been going to this area for years. We know every natural landmark and we can even find it in the dark with minimal light.
Is there some place you spent a lot of time at as a kid and as an adult?
This #1 BOL gives us an advantage because we can see anyone coming (aside from well trained folks actually looking for someone) and its the most secure of all the backup spots which are much easier to get to but more difficult to stay hidden.
We are always looking for other spots to evaluate.
As I said in another thread here.....
My family bugging out plan needs to be revised because of our baby. We would need to Bug In until he's older.
I Plead The 2nd
UnderDude
Team Exodus
Team Exodus

Postby Crow Lee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:04 am

There's a native reservation between Michigan and Canadian border that we spend a couple of days annually with a branch of my wife's family. I asked them what the little strips of clothing were for that were tied tied onto some of the trees. They told me the strips were property markers. They pick an old shirt or something personal, tear it into strips, and tie the strips to trees. My stepdad used to mark trees by pounding nails into the bark. When the bark grew around them it would form a specific shape that never went away. As far as childhood spots, that a bit difficult because as a kid we moved what seemed like every 6 months. When I was 17 I moved into a motel room to finish high school while they moved to Missouri.
A warrior's worst enemy is peace. -unknown
Crow Lee
Survivor

Return to Surviving on the Road